Special Interest Groups, aka SIGs, are the group of active volunteers focusing on activities of similar interests. SIG creation is the mechanism to start new activities/initiatives and get new volunteers involved as part of the IISc AANA volunteer program. Some SIGs are active globally whereas others can be chapter-specific.
Currently, the following SIGs are active:
- Creating web presence of IISc AANA
- Registering IISc AANA as non-profit
- Creating chapters in USA and inter linking them
- Creating communication channels among alums and IIsc
- Arranging monthly core meeting
- Broadcasting announcements and circulars
- Arranging business, entrepreneur talks
- Arranging talks by IISc faculty visiting North America
- Business networking, jobs fairs, mentoring, start-ups, ventures, etc.
Cultural & Outdoor:
- Cultural, reunion events
- Founder’s day celebration
- Group movies, dinner socials, potlucks, etc.
- Outdoor activities, picnics, camping, hiking, etc.
Education & Philanthropy:
- Community outreach
- Rural Education in India
- Joint research with IISc and US institutions/individuals